Dear EAA Members and Friends:
The monthly meeting of the Vidalia EAA is being held this Thursday, 11/10/16, at 7:00 PM in Donald Brantley’s hanger. Everyone receiving this email is invited to attend.
There will be no potluck meal as, outside of the 3 officers, few members or friends are attending these days.
We plan to talk about our impending dissolution and when hungry, will end the meeting and move to a restaurant to socialize and eat or go home for supper.
Be aware that the Vidalia EAA, Chapter 1332, is ending it existence as of the end of the year (12/31/16). Accordingly we will:
· Notify the State of Georgia, in writing and by phone as appropriate (Action by G. Goode)
· Notify Vidalia Airport Management, in writing, and through one on one contacts that we will not be renewing our lease for the corner office on the T-hanger building. We will be proposing that the EAA chapter donate to the Vidalia Airport all improvements made to the corner office, currently known as the EAA Office and Meeting Room to the Vidalia Airport (City of Vidalia). (Action by D. Brantley, G. Goode composing letter).
· Notify the appropriate folks at the National Experimental Aircraft Association (NEAA) in Oshkosh, Wi that we are dissolving our chapter according to our by-laws. Note that I have already been in email and telephone contact with the chapter office at the national EAA chapter in Oshkosh so they do have a heads up on this matter. All officers will sign this letter being composed by Secretary G. Goode)
· Treasurer G. Goode is to make sure that all debts are settled.
· Note that the executive board has directed Treasurer G. Goode to refund all members that have paid one or more years dues in advance (membership year 2017 and /or later).
· A 2/3 majority of current voting members, defined as all paid up full members. For your information these are:
o Wes Chapman, current member for 2016 and paid in advance for 2017 and 2018
o Jerry Cadle, current member for 2016
o Blair Kendall, current member for 2016
o Wayne Williams, current member for 2016
o Lane Seidel, current member for 2016 and paid in advance for 2017
o Donald Brantley, current member for 2016
o Glenn Goode, current member for 2016
o Royce Ryles, current member for 2016
o Billy Ragan, current member for 2016 and paid in advance for 2017
· Other folks think they are members but never paid dues for 2016 despite being sent more than one invoice.
See you at the meeting,
Donald Brantley - President
Vidalia EAA Chapter 1332
“Sweet Onion Aviators”
Vidalia Regional Airport
The Sweet Onion Aviators are thrilled to have you visit our web site. This site is soon to be chocked full of photos, articles, weather info, and all kinds of interesting things for you, the aviation enthusiast.
Whether you are a pilot, an aviation history buff, or a lover of anything to do about airplanes, building them, maintaining them, and of course, flying them, we hope that you will come back often to find out what's happening in the world of aviation in the Vidalia, Georgia area.
If you absolutely love airplanes, helicopters, ultralights, come join us at the Vidalia Regional Airport in Vidalia, Georgia. We would absolutely love to have you as our guest.
Feel free to browse around, and be sure to come back as we strive to make this site your preferred choice for what's happening around Vidalia.
Are you tired of writing in your logbook after every flight? Do you wish there was an electronic logbook you could use free of charge to keep track of your flight time? Do you need a back-up in case you loose your logbook? Well, download the Excel spreadsheet below to help you with that! We hope this will help you!
In the new year we have decided to change the day of our meetings. The time will remain the same but the date has changed to the second Thursday of every month. The meeting will still take place in Donald Brantley's hangar. We hope this new day will allow more of you to attend.
Our chapter monthly newsletter contains a wealth of information about recent and upcoming events. If you want to know where we've been and where we are going, you can find it all in our monthly newsletter. The May 2016 edition of the Sweet Onion Aviators newsletter is right here. Click the "News, etc." tab to visit our newsletter archive.
Have you ever wondered what it looks like on the flight deck of the space shuttle?
Current Radar at Cochran
This website maintained by
Please notify the webmaster if you encounter
any errors on this web site. Thank you.
This website maintained by